The Korean 10-Step Skincare Regimen
I didn't hear about the Korean 10-Step Regimen until a few years ago. Now, it's the craze in the skincare world. I have a few friends who swear by this daily routine and they definitely have the best skin. So what is it, exactly? Let me try to break it down for you!
1. Oil Cleanser: Wash your face with an oil-cleanser. Oil-based cleansers help remove make-up and sun screen. You can literally see your makeup wash away with this.
2. Foam or Water Cleanser: Another cleanser? Yes! Even after the oil cleanser, you will still have to wash your face to remove sweat and dirt. That's where the foam cleanser comes in.
3. Exfoliator: One of my favorites whenever I feel like my skin is a little dull. Exfoliating is great for clearing dead skin cells and cleaning up your pores. This also helps your skin to absorb all the good skincare products you use for your face. I do not recommend exfoliating every day though, especially for those with sensitive skin. Stick to once or twice a week, and it will be just as good!
4. Toner: By now, your face is squeaky clean but that also means it needs a little bit of rehydration. Toner helps hydrate your skin and balance the pH levels.
5. Essence: Often referred to as the heart of Korean skincare, this is a like a hybrid of a toner and a serum. It hydrates like a toner and helps with skin repair and cell turnover. I was told this is almost like working from under the skin. A step you shouldn't skip!
6. Serum: This is more targeted to the issue you're trying to tackle for your skin. If you have dull skin, acne, large pores, or pigmentation, apply your favorite serum here. Serums are the tough magic that does the heavy lifting work for you.
7. Sheet Mask: My personal favorite! Put one on and relax for 15-20 minutes. Sheet masks come jam-packed with hydrating, nourishing ingredients that are perfect for your skin. The sheet acts as a barrier for the serum to work its magic. You don't have to use one daily, even once a week will be beneficial. There are many different types, so find one that's suitable for you. It's also the easiest of the 10-steps to send to your loved ones!
8. Eye Cream: The skin surrounding your eyes are extremely delicate and thin. This is why you need special cream for your eyes. Fine lines tend to occur when you smile too much but nothing should stop you from smiling! So put on some eye cream to keep those lines in check.
9. Moisturizer: Lock in the moisture, hydrate, and smooth away fine lines with a moisturizer. These can come in a form of lotion, gel, cream, or emulsion, so you'll need to find one that works for your skin type.
10. SPF: Always apply sun protection!! This can't be stressed enough. This helps prevent skin cancer and uneven pigmentation. Even if you think you'll be out for 1 minute, you should put it on.
I do admit I don't often follow all 10 steps but there are a few I never skip. Another reason why Bloom Greetings' greeting cards include a sheet mask is because it's the easiest of all the above to send to your friends! It also has a great impact on the skin. Introduce some of your friends to KBeauty with a sheet mask inside a greeting card from Bloom Greetings to get them started!
Here are some products that I personally use as part of my daily skincare routine! Innisfree and an all-natural sheet mask!Love, Mandy